Broccoli and cauliflower always pair well together, and this quick and easy broccoli and cauliflower salad is no exception. You can leave out the hard cooked eggs but I think it’s an economical way to get in some protein. If you do leave out the eggs then go ahead and add extra veggies.
Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- 1 cup raw broccoli florets, washed and drained
- 1 cup raw cauliflower florets, washed and drained
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine the broccoli and cauliflower florets, chopped eggs, cheddar cheese and bacon. Set aside.
In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and salt and pepper.
Pour dressing mixture over broccoli and cauliflower mixture and combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate before serving.
Makes a great side dish for your next potluck or barbecue.